AIMPLB appeals to Muslim to accept HC verdict, maintain peace
Lucknow: All India Muslim Personal Law Board has appealed to Muslims to accept the Allahabad High Court verdict on Ayodhya title suits to be pronounced later this month and maintain peace and harmony in the country.
While both the communities want the verdict in their favour, it should be of prime importance that vested interests are not allowed an opportunity to disturb communal peace, member of the Board and `Naib Imam` of Idgah here Khalid Rasheed Firangimahli told a news agency.
Firangimahli said that SMSes were being circulated among the community members asking them to accept the verdict, whatever it is, as that had been the stand of the Board all through and not to react in any manner which could vitiate the atmosphere.
Another member of the Board and convenor of Babri Mosque Action Committee, Zafaryab Jilani, said that clerics and scholars all over the country have been asked to instruct the community members not to express extreme views either of happiness or sorrow which could elicit a reaction and disturb communal harmony.
"This is of prime importance," Jilani, who is also the counsel of one of the parties in the title suits, said, adding that the convenor of committee on Babri mosque in the Board, Qasim Rasool Ilyas, has forwarded the appeal to the imams.
Firangimahali said that it was essential that the people do not fall prey to the designs of vested interests who might try to take advantage of the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself