AIMPLB appeals to Muslim to accept HC verdict, maintain peace
Lucknow: All India Muslim Personal Law Board has appealed to Muslims to accept the Allahabad High Court verdict on Ayodhya title suits to be pronounced later this month and maintain peace and harmony in the country.
While both the communities want the verdict in their favour, it should be of prime importance that vested interests are not allowed an opportunity to disturb communal peace, member of the Board and `Naib Imam` of Idgah here Khalid Rasheed Firangimahli told a news agency.
Firangimahli said that SMSes were being circulated among the community members asking them to accept the verdict, whatever it is, as that had been the stand of the Board all through and not to react in any manner which could vitiate the atmosphere.
Another member of the Board and convenor of Babri Mosque Action Committee, Zafaryab Jilani, said that clerics and scholars all over the country have been asked to instruct the community members not to express extreme views either of happiness or sorrow which could elicit a reaction and disturb communal harmony.
"This is of prime importance," Jilani, who is also the counsel of one of the parties in the title suits, said, adding that the convenor of committee on Babri mosque in the Board, Qasim Rasool Ilyas, has forwarded the appeal to the imams.
Firangimahali said that it was essential that the people do not fall prey to the designs of vested interests who might try to take advantage of the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India