AIMPLB appeals to Muslim to accept HC verdict, maintain peace
Lucknow: All India Muslim Personal Law Board has appealed to Muslims to accept the Allahabad High Court verdict on Ayodhya title suits to be pronounced later this month and maintain peace and harmony in the country.
While both the communities want the verdict in their favour, it should be of prime importance that vested interests are not allowed an opportunity to disturb communal peace, member of the Board and `Naib Imam` of Idgah here Khalid Rasheed Firangimahli told a news agency.
Firangimahli said that SMSes were being circulated among the community members asking them to accept the verdict, whatever it is, as that had been the stand of the Board all through and not to react in any manner which could vitiate the atmosphere.
Another member of the Board and convenor of Babri Mosque Action Committee, Zafaryab Jilani, said that clerics and scholars all over the country have been asked to instruct the community members not to express extreme views either of happiness or sorrow which could elicit a reaction and disturb communal harmony.
"This is of prime importance," Jilani, who is also the counsel of one of the parties in the title suits, said, adding that the convenor of committee on Babri mosque in the Board, Qasim Rasool Ilyas, has forwarded the appeal to the imams.
Firangimahali said that it was essential that the people do not fall prey to the designs of vested interests who might try to take advantage of the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced