AIMPLB criticises government for not amending Waqf Act
Lucknow: The All India Muslim Personal Law Board on Tuesday criticised the central and state governments for not amending the Waqf Act as per its demands despite several assurances.
"Despite assurance by the central government to amend the Waqf board and grant inheritance rights to girls in agriculture land, there has not been any headway in this direction," member of the executive Khalid Rasheed Farangimahli told a news agency.
"We had met the chief minister on March 18 for girls` rights on agriculture land under the Zamidari abolition and Land Reforms Act but are still awaiting action on it," he said.
The central government had also given assurance with regard to amending the Waqf Act but it was yet to be done, he said.
AIMPLB has convened a meeting of its executive committee in Delhi on June 22 to deliberate on how to get the Act amended in accordance with Shariat and the AIMPLB`s view, he said.
The meeting would also review the progress of the cases concerning the Babri mosque demolition and various cases going on in the Supreme and High Courts concerning the personal laws of Muslims, he said.
There are 50 members in the executive committee of the AIMPLB.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you