AIMPLB representatives to meet me: Kanchi Seer
Kancheepuram: Kanchi Sankaracharya
Jayendra Saraswati today said some representatives of the All
India Muslim Personal Law Board will arrive here on October 17
to update him on talks with two Muslim sects over the Ram
"Muslim law board members will arrive here on October 17,
update me on the recent discussions with the two sects in
Lucknow and then leave after hearing my views," he told
He claimed the board was already in talks with various
Hindu and Muslim sects.
However, the legal committee of the AIMPLB has favoured
approaching the Supreme Court against the verdict in the
Ayodhya title suits and did not encourage moves at resolving
the issue through reconciliation.
In 2003, the Seer had tried to play a mediatory role in a
bid to resolve the Ayodhya issue outside court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof