AIMPLB representatives to meet me: Kanchi Seer
Kancheepuram: Kanchi Sankaracharya
Jayendra Saraswati today said some representatives of the All
India Muslim Personal Law Board will arrive here on October 17
to update him on talks with two Muslim sects over the Ram
"Muslim law board members will arrive here on October 17,
update me on the recent discussions with the two sects in
Lucknow and then leave after hearing my views," he told
He claimed the board was already in talks with various
Hindu and Muslim sects.
However, the legal committee of the AIMPLB has favoured
approaching the Supreme Court against the verdict in the
Ayodhya title suits and did not encourage moves at resolving
the issue through reconciliation.
In 2003, the Seer had tried to play a mediatory role in a
bid to resolve the Ayodhya issue outside court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed