AIMPLB to move SC opposing Ayodhya verdict deferment
Lucknow: The All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) has said it will move the Supreme Court to oppose the application for deferment of the Ayodhya title suit verdict.
"In the past several efforts had been made to sort out the issue amicably, but they failed to give result. If required the AIMPLB would also move an application in the SC against plea of Ramesh Chandra Tripathi," AIMPLB`s working committee member Qasim Rasool Illiyas told a news agency.
He said the board was in favour of the verdict on the Ayodhya title suit.
"After all whatever verdict the Allahabad High Court delivers it would be interim and ultimately the aggrieved party will move the SC," the national convenor of the Babri Masjid Action Committee said.
He said the Sunni Waqf Board, which is a party in the title suits, would move an application in the SC against deferment of the verdict.
"This is not the time for any talks when the verdict is about to be delivered," Qasim said.
He alleged that the application for deferment moved in the SC was an effort to delay the verdict.
"It is a non-serious effort on the part of a person, who has no role in the title suits," he alleged.
Terming it to be a political conspiracy, he alleged that if the move was being backed by the Congress it will not send a good message.
"The Centre or the Congress party should not intervene," he said, adding this was the most conducive atmosphere for the verdict.
"It is being said that situation is not conducive for the verdict, but this is the best time as both the parties have said that they will honour the court`s decision," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’