Air Chief in France, to visit Rafale Squadron
New Delhi: Air Force chief Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne is on a four-day visit to France where he will visit the squadron of Rafale fighter jets, selected by India for its multi-billion 126-aircraft deal.
The IAF chief will also meet members of Indian team there for the Mirage 2000 aircraft upgrade programme, IAF officials said here.
"During the visit, he is scheduled to call on the new French Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian, French Chief of Defence Staff Admiral ‘douard Guillaud and his French counterpart General Jean-Paul Palom’ros to discuss the ongoing defence cooperation between them," they said.
Officials said the visit aims at expanding the already robust bilateral military to military ties between the two countries and would see the IAF Chief visit, Cognac, Istres and St.Dizier airbases of the French Air Force (FAF).
"At St.Dizier, he would be visiting the Rafale Squadron to get a first hand impression of the MMRCA, selected by the IAF, as also to see Rafale`s production facilities at M?rignac," they said.
Besides overseeing the progress of the various projects being carried forward as joint ventures between the two countries, ACM Browne would also be interacting with the IAF`s Project Management Team members for the Mirage- 2000 Upgrade Project.
India had taken a decision early this year to select Rafale as the lowest bidder for the multi-billion dollar deal and has been holding contract negotiations with French company Dassault Avitaion in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!