Air Chief in France, to visit Rafale Squadron
New Delhi: Air Force chief Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne is on a four-day visit to France where he will visit the squadron of Rafale fighter jets, selected by India for its multi-billion 126-aircraft deal.
The IAF chief will also meet members of Indian team there for the Mirage 2000 aircraft upgrade programme, IAF officials said here.
"During the visit, he is scheduled to call on the new French Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian, French Chief of Defence Staff Admiral ‘douard Guillaud and his French counterpart General Jean-Paul Palom’ros to discuss the ongoing defence cooperation between them," they said.
Officials said the visit aims at expanding the already robust bilateral military to military ties between the two countries and would see the IAF Chief visit, Cognac, Istres and St.Dizier airbases of the French Air Force (FAF).
"At St.Dizier, he would be visiting the Rafale Squadron to get a first hand impression of the MMRCA, selected by the IAF, as also to see Rafale`s production facilities at M?rignac," they said.
Besides overseeing the progress of the various projects being carried forward as joint ventures between the two countries, ACM Browne would also be interacting with the IAF`s Project Management Team members for the Mirage- 2000 Upgrade Project.
India had taken a decision early this year to select Rafale as the lowest bidder for the multi-billion dollar deal and has been holding contract negotiations with French company Dassault Avitaion in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Hindu community not allowed to exercise its Right to Information in Pakistan, activists protest