Air Chief in France, to visit Rafale Squadron
New Delhi: Air Force chief Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne is on a four-day visit to France where he will visit the squadron of Rafale fighter jets, selected by India for its multi-billion 126-aircraft deal.
The IAF chief will also meet members of Indian team there for the Mirage 2000 aircraft upgrade programme, IAF officials said here.
"During the visit, he is scheduled to call on the new French Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian, French Chief of Defence Staff Admiral ‘douard Guillaud and his French counterpart General Jean-Paul Palom’ros to discuss the ongoing defence cooperation between them," they said.
Officials said the visit aims at expanding the already robust bilateral military to military ties between the two countries and would see the IAF Chief visit, Cognac, Istres and St.Dizier airbases of the French Air Force (FAF).
"At St.Dizier, he would be visiting the Rafale Squadron to get a first hand impression of the MMRCA, selected by the IAF, as also to see Rafale`s production facilities at M?rignac," they said.
Besides overseeing the progress of the various projects being carried forward as joint ventures between the two countries, ACM Browne would also be interacting with the IAF`s Project Management Team members for the Mirage- 2000 Upgrade Project.
India had taken a decision early this year to select Rafale as the lowest bidder for the multi-billion dollar deal and has been holding contract negotiations with French company Dassault Avitaion in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list