Air Chief Marshal Naik to deliver Katre memorial lecture
Bangalore: Air Chief Marshal P V Naik, Chief
of Air Staff would deliver the "Air Chief Marshal L M Katre
Memorial Lecture" here on January 22, dwelling on IAF`s
capability-based approach to modernisation.
A special souvenir on Katre`s life would be released at a
function organised to commemorate the former Chief of Air
Staff, Air Marshal B U Chengappa told reporters here.
Katre was appointed Chief of Air Staff of IAF on
September 1984 and had an untimely demise in July 1985, he
Recounting Katre`s contributions, Chengappa said it was
during his tenure as Chairman of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
that the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) and Advanced Light
Helicopter (ALH) projects were conceptualised.
During his career in IAF, he commanded with distinction,
operational squadrons, stations and the Air Force Academy. In
the 1971 war, his meticulous planning and foresight saw him
successfully conduct uninterrupted operations from one of the
forward airfields of IAF that came under constant attacks by
the Pakistani Air Force, he said.
Katre also headed the Eastern Air Command and
subsequently the western air command as Air Officer
The function is being jointly organised by the Air Force
Association, Karnataka Branch, and Hindustan Aeronautics
Limited and Aeronautical Society of India, Bangalore Branch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!