Air Chief reviews proposed first base for Tejas LCA
New Delhi: Outgoing IAF chief NAK Browne on Wednesday reviewed the progress of the Sulur air base where the force is to deploy its first squadron of the indigenously- developed Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), Tejas.
On his last visit to the Southern Air Command in Thiruvananthapuram, Browne also reviewed the preparations being made at Thanjavur air base in Tamil Nadu, which will host the first squadron of Su-30MKI aircraft in southern India to guard the Indian Ocean Region.
"During the visit, the Air Chief reviewed the progress of the first LCA base at Sulur and also the progress of work services at Thanjavur, which will be the next base for Su-30s," the IAF said in a release.
Talking to air force personnel, Browne said, "IAF is going through tremendous changes in terms of induction, modernisation and improvement. We had set very ambitious goals over the last two-and-a-half years and we have been able to achieve each one of them".
In the last three to four years, India has procured a lot of equipment for the Air Force, including the C-17 heavylift transport aircraft, Pilatus trainer aircraft. The indigenous LCA is to be inducted on December 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested