Air Commodore Suresh Badyal takes over as AOC of Begumpet AFS
Secunderabad: Air Commodore Suresh Badyal on Monday took over as the first Air Officer Commanding of Air Force Station Begumpet from Group Captain E Krishna Prasad.
Previously, he served as the deputy director general of National Cadet Corps (NCC) Andhra Pradesh region, a Defence release said.
The Air Officer was commissioned in the IAF in 1984 and is an alumnus of the prestigious National Defence Academy and Defence Services Staff College.
Since its inception in 1951, the Begumpet Air Force Station has so far been commanded by officers of the rank of Group Captain.
Air Commodore Badyal has an impeccable track record of flying for more than 3,000 hours as a navigator, the release said.
A thorough professional, he earlier did an instructional tenure at the same station.
He has held many prestigious appointments in varied fields in the IAF, which includes working with front line operational squadrons, it was stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read