Air Commodore Suresh Badyal takes over as AOC of Begumpet AFS
Secunderabad: Air Commodore Suresh Badyal on Monday took over as the first Air Officer Commanding of Air Force Station Begumpet from Group Captain E Krishna Prasad.
Previously, he served as the deputy director general of National Cadet Corps (NCC) Andhra Pradesh region, a Defence release said.
The Air Officer was commissioned in the IAF in 1984 and is an alumnus of the prestigious National Defence Academy and Defence Services Staff College.
Since its inception in 1951, the Begumpet Air Force Station has so far been commanded by officers of the rank of Group Captain.
Air Commodore Badyal has an impeccable track record of flying for more than 3,000 hours as a navigator, the release said.
A thorough professional, he earlier did an instructional tenure at the same station.
He has held many prestigious appointments in varied fields in the IAF, which includes working with front line operational squadrons, it was stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda