Air crashes in India – Chronology
New Delhi: Today`s air crash in Mangalore is
the third worst air disaster in the country in the past 48
The worst tragedy was in Charki Dadri in Haryana on
November 12, 1996 when 349 passengers were killed in a mid-air
collision. On January one 1978, 213 people were killed when an
Air India flight to Dubai crashed off Mumbai coast.
A total of 329 people lost their lives when Air India
flight `Kanishka` from Montreal to Delhi was blown up by
terrorists in mid-air on June 23, 1985, but that incident took
place near the Irish coast.
Following is the chronology of accidents involving
aircraft in the country:
Jul 7, 1962: Alitalia flight from Sydney crashes into a hill near Mumbai, 94 killed
Jan 1, 1978: Air India flight crashes into Arabian Sea; 213 killed
Jun 21, 1982: Air India flight crashes at Mumbai airport, 17 of 111 passengers killed
Oct 19, 1988: Air India flight crashes at Ahmedabad, 124 out of 129 passengers killed
Feb 14, 1990: Air India flight crashes at Bangalore, 92 out of 146 passengers killed
Aug 16, 1991: Air India flight crashes at Imphal, 69 killed
Apr 26, 1993: Air India flight crashes at Aurangabad airport, 55 of 118 passengers killed
Nov 12, 1996: Planes of Saudi Arabian Airlines and Kazakhastan Airlines collide in mid-air near Charki Dadri in Haryana, 349 people killed
Jul 17, 2000: Alliance Air flight crashes at Patna airport, 60 passengers killed
Sep 4, 2009: One of the engines of Air India flight catches fire at Mumbai airport, 21 injured
May 22, 2010: Air India plane crashes in Mangalore, 158 killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in