Air Force on high growth path: IAF chief
Thiruvananthapuram: Indian Air Force (IAF) is on a "high growth path" and in the process of acquiring multi- spectral strategic capabilities, Air Chief Marshal N A K Browne today said.
Addressing the commanders of the Southern Air Command (SAC) here, Browne complimented the air warriors for the success of recently conducted Air Force exercises `Iron Fist` and `Live Wire.`
These exercises showcased the power of IAF in wide spectrum of sub-conventional and conventional operations in a net centric environment, he said.
The IAF chief updated Station Commanders of SAC on the security scenario with special reference to the implications in the southern peninsula.
He underscored the importance of leadership, team building and discipline which was a major contributor in the success of these exercises, a defence release said today.
On his arrival on a two-day visit, Browne and his wife Kiran Browne, President of Air Force Wives Welfare Association (Central), were received by Air Marshal R K Jolly, Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, SAC at the Air Force Station here.
Browne was presented an impressive guard of honour by the Air Warriors of SAC.
Kiran Browne participated in various welfare and social functions organised by Air Force Wives Welfare Association (Regional).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire