Air Force on high growth path: IAF chief
Thiruvananthapuram: Indian Air Force (IAF) is on a "high growth path" and in the process of acquiring multi- spectral strategic capabilities, Air Chief Marshal N A K Browne today said.
Addressing the commanders of the Southern Air Command (SAC) here, Browne complimented the air warriors for the success of recently conducted Air Force exercises `Iron Fist` and `Live Wire.`
These exercises showcased the power of IAF in wide spectrum of sub-conventional and conventional operations in a net centric environment, he said.
The IAF chief updated Station Commanders of SAC on the security scenario with special reference to the implications in the southern peninsula.
He underscored the importance of leadership, team building and discipline which was a major contributor in the success of these exercises, a defence release said today.
On his arrival on a two-day visit, Browne and his wife Kiran Browne, President of Air Force Wives Welfare Association (Central), were received by Air Marshal R K Jolly, Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, SAC at the Air Force Station here.
Browne was presented an impressive guard of honour by the Air Warriors of SAC.
Kiran Browne participated in various welfare and social functions organised by Air Force Wives Welfare Association (Regional).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Apple given relaxation in sourcing for first three years: Govt
- Tamil Nadu moves SC for review of verdict in CBI probed cases
- One of 9 militants killed in Dhaka raid is ''missing'' varsity student
- Zakir Naik on Saudi Arabia's payroll to convert Hindus to Islam?
- Good monsoon may push FY17 GDP growth beyond 8%: Crisil