AIR hands over Jinnah speech recordings to Pakistan
Islamabad: The All India Radio (AIR) has handed over to Pakistan the recordings of two important speeches by the country`s founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation (PBC) is planning to broadcast these speeches, delivered on June 03 and August 11, 1947, after checking the quality and authenticity sometime next week, local media reported.
The AIR handed over the recordings to the Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi after four years of efforts by the PBC.
The Daily Times quoted sources in Radio Pakistan and PBC as saying that India has also agreed to hand over more recorded material of Jinnah.
The June 03, 1947, speech was Jinnah`s reaction to a British plan for a referendum on whether the North West Frontier Province (now Khyber Pakhtunkhwa) should be included in Pakistan or India.
The August 11, 1947, speech has Jinnah, as the founder of Pakistan, declaring the country as a secular state while addressing Pakistan`s Constituent Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!