'Air India Day' on Wednesday, tickets for Rs 100
New Delhi: National carrier Air India will celebrate on Wednesday its merger with erstwhile Indian Airlines as 'Air India Day', offering tickets for Rs 100 for a limited period.
"This is the first time the airline will be celebrating the 'Air India Day'. A function will be held to celebrate the day and also to award meritorious employees of the airline," an official spokesperson said here today.
Air India was amalgamated with erstwhile Indian Airlines into one airline as "Air India" on August 27, 2007.
On the occasion, the flag carrier would launch 'Air India Offer' -- a scheme offering tickets for Rs 100 apart from all applicable taxes.
The sale of these tickets would be made only through the airline's website for five days from August 27 to 31 for travel during the period August 27 to September 30 only, he added.
- Disgracing Sikh's turban: Five blasphemy accused get bail in Pakistan
- Tobacco industry should follow stringent package warning rules: SC
- Extremist group Abu Sayyaf releases new video, threatens to behead three more hostages
- Canadian asked to leave Nepal over controversial social media posts
- Kangana Ranaut breaks her silence on ‘black magic’ allegations