Air India flight arrives after 7-hour delay
Chennai: Passengers of a Chennai-bound Air India flight faced a nearly seven-hour agonising wait at the Mumbai airport, complaining that the airconditioning system in the aircraft was not functioning.
After a change of aircraft, the passengers numbering around 170 arrived here in the wee hours today.
Some of the irate passengers said the problem started after they found that the ACs were not working as the flight was preparing for take-off at the scheduled time of 6.40 pm.
One of them, Vidhi, said the absence of AC resulted in "suffocation" for some of her co-passengers and only after they pointed out the problem, all of them were asked to disembark and board another flight.
Some other passengers alleged that they had to wait in the Mumbai airport for about seven hours before boarding the alternate flight, which finally left at around 1.30 am.
They complained of lax attitude from the cabin crew, who they said, were not helpful even to passengers on wheelchair.
Another passenger, Santhosh, claimed the staff was aware that the AC was not functioning but did not inform the passengers about it.
Meanwhile, an Air India spokesperson said the passengers of the flight were not convinced when they were informed that the airconditioning would start working once the aircraft was airborne. The passengers wanted a change of aircraft.
"Since it was the peak business season for the airline, which is recording over 90 per cent load factor, it was difficult to immediately replace the aircraft," he said, adding an alternate aircraft was arranged and the passengers reached Chennai early in the morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon