Air India flight lands safely after bird strike in New Jersey
Newark (US): An India-bound flight out of New Jersey was forced to return to the airport because of an engine fire sparked by a bird strike.
A spokeswoman for the agency that operates Newark Liberty International Airport says no one on board Air India Flight 144 was injured.
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokeswoman Erica Dumas says the flight departed for Mumbai with 313 passengers around 4:35 pm Sunday local time. A short time later, the pilot reported a fire in an engine on the plane`s left side, and the engine soon shut down.
The plane landed safely around 5:05 pm, and the passengers were taken off the plane without incident.
Dumas said crews tried to tow the plane away, but were unable to because it had "multiple" blown tires.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amazon launches membership service Prime in India –Know the benefits
- Know the common causes of red or bloodshot eyes!
- Wow! This self-driving robot can deliver food to your door (Watch)
- 2nd conviction in coal scam; 3 top officials of Rathi steel convicted
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now