Air India flight makes emergency landing in Jaipur
Jaipur: An Air India flight made an emergency landing in Jaipur late on Sunday after the pilot noticed that the aircraft was running short of fuel.
While landing, one of the aircraft`s wings was damaged and its tyres had burst.
The emergency landing took place at around 9.30 pm on Sunday night. The flight was carrying 168 passengers from Manipur capital Imphal to Delhi flight late on Sunday when the pilot made an emergency landing due to heavy fog and poor visibility.
"The flight`s captain, Jalaj Vats, made an emergency landing and saved the lives of passengers. However, one wing of the aircraft was damaged," an airline source said on condition of anonymity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use