Air India flight makes emergency landing in Jaipur
Jaipur: An Air India flight made an emergency landing in Jaipur late on Sunday after the pilot noticed that the aircraft was running short of fuel.
While landing, one of the aircraft`s wings was damaged and its tyres had burst.
The emergency landing took place at around 9.30 pm on Sunday night. The flight was carrying 168 passengers from Manipur capital Imphal to Delhi flight late on Sunday when the pilot made an emergency landing due to heavy fog and poor visibility.
"The flight`s captain, Jalaj Vats, made an emergency landing and saved the lives of passengers. However, one wing of the aircraft was damaged," an airline source said on condition of anonymity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range