Air India flight makes emergency landing in Jaipur
Jaipur: An Air India flight made an emergency landing in Jaipur late on Sunday after the pilot noticed that the aircraft was running short of fuel.
While landing, one of the aircraft`s wings was damaged and its tyres had burst.
The emergency landing took place at around 9.30 pm on Sunday night. The flight was carrying 168 passengers from Manipur capital Imphal to Delhi flight late on Sunday when the pilot made an emergency landing due to heavy fog and poor visibility.
"The flight`s captain, Jalaj Vats, made an emergency landing and saved the lives of passengers. However, one wing of the aircraft was damaged," an airline source said on condition of anonymity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon