Air India launches investigation into `worm sandwich` allegations by passenger
London: Air India has launched an investigation after a passenger said he had found worms in his mid-flight sandwich.
The passenger allegedly discovered worms during a flight from New York to Delhi on 28 September.
According to the BBC, a spokesman from Air India said the incident involved a leading caterer who supplies all US airlines.
He said that the food was picked up in the US not in India.
He described the incident as `very rare` adding that normally caterers had very strict hygiene conditions.
The spokesman said that `a full investigation` into the incident was now under way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown