Air India launches investigation into `worm sandwich` allegations by passenger
London: Air India has launched an investigation after a passenger said he had found worms in his mid-flight sandwich.
The passenger allegedly discovered worms during a flight from New York to Delhi on 28 September.
According to the BBC, a spokesman from Air India said the incident involved a leading caterer who supplies all US airlines.
He said that the food was picked up in the US not in India.
He described the incident as `very rare` adding that normally caterers had very strict hygiene conditions.
The spokesman said that `a full investigation` into the incident was now under way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on