Air India pilot suspended
New Delhi: A senior Air India pilot has been suspended for allegedly flying an unauthorised person in the cockpit and misbehaving with an air hostess, who later filed a complaint against him.
Captain Amar Sabharwal has been suspended for carrying an unauthorised person in the cockpit on a Delhi-Kolkata flight on March 2, in violation of security norms, an Air India spokesperson said.
According to sources, the incident happened on Air India`s flight (AI-020) on Saturday last when a customs officer entered the plane with a boarding pass of a jump seat.
But, he was later allowed to travelled in the cockpit by the Commander, to which a cabin crew objected.
This led to an heated argument between the Commander and the cabin crew.
The pilot allegedly made some "indecent comment" on the airhostess, they said, adding after returning to Delhi the airhostess filed a complaint with the police against the pilot.
Taking a serious note of the incident, Air India management first derostered the pilot and he was taken off duty and an enquiry was ordered into the matter.
A jump seat can be located in the cockpit or passenger cabin of an aircraft. In the cockpit, it is provided for individuals who are not operating the plane which may include trainee pilots, off-duty crew members, DGCA officials or airline staff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details