Air India plane lands with tyre burst at Male
Male: An Air India plane carrying 111 people from Thiruvananthapuram to Male narrowly escaped an accident when one of its tyres burst on landing at the airport in the Maldivian capital.
GMR, which operates the Ibrahim Nasir International Airport (INIA) here, said that flight AI263 sustained a tyre burst upon landing at 12:06 pm yesterday.
The aircraft safely taxied to the apron without incident, GMR Media Relations Manager Sowmya Shenoy said.
This is an event that occurs from time to time for a variety of reasons, and the crew were adequately equipped and trained to deal with such incidents, she said.
Other than one burst tyre, there was no damage to the aircraft or the runway. The tyre was replaced and the flight departed, she said.
There were 99 passengers and three infants on board the aircraft, besides 9 crew members.
Currently, work is underway to refurbish the apron of the airport here to meet the international standards as its been outdated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport