Air India plane lands with tyre burst at Male
Male: An Air India plane carrying 111 people from Thiruvananthapuram to Male narrowly escaped an accident when one of its tyres burst on landing at the airport in the Maldivian capital.
GMR, which operates the Ibrahim Nasir International Airport (INIA) here, said that flight AI263 sustained a tyre burst upon landing at 12:06 pm yesterday.
The aircraft safely taxied to the apron without incident, GMR Media Relations Manager Sowmya Shenoy said.
This is an event that occurs from time to time for a variety of reasons, and the crew were adequately equipped and trained to deal with such incidents, she said.
Other than one burst tyre, there was no damage to the aircraft or the runway. The tyre was replaced and the flight departed, she said.
There were 99 passengers and three infants on board the aircraft, besides 9 crew members.
Currently, work is underway to refurbish the apron of the airport here to meet the international standards as its been outdated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?