Air India plane lands with tyre burst at Male
Male: An Air India plane carrying 111 people from Thiruvananthapuram to Male narrowly escaped an accident when one of its tyres burst on landing at the airport in the Maldivian capital.
GMR, which operates the Ibrahim Nasir International Airport (INIA) here, said that flight AI263 sustained a tyre burst upon landing at 12:06 pm yesterday.
The aircraft safely taxied to the apron without incident, GMR Media Relations Manager Sowmya Shenoy said.
This is an event that occurs from time to time for a variety of reasons, and the crew were adequately equipped and trained to deal with such incidents, she said.
Other than one burst tyre, there was no damage to the aircraft or the runway. The tyre was replaced and the flight departed, she said.
There were 99 passengers and three infants on board the aircraft, besides 9 crew members.
Currently, work is underway to refurbish the apron of the airport here to meet the international standards as its been outdated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state