Air India rap: Pilot may face disciplinary action
New Delhi: Air India may take disciplinary action against a pilot, who uploaded a video of a song laced with sarcasm and expletives against airline management.
However, the pilot has "unconditionally apologised and promised to withdraw the video from the Internet site. We have asked the General Manager of the region to examine the matter and take action if need be," Air India CMD Rohit Nandan told reporters here.
Replying to questions, the airline chief said, "We have viewed it and taken cognisance of it. The pilot has also been spoken to."
Air India sources had earlier ruled out any "knee-jerk reaction" saying "they were verifying the facts, including whether the main actor in the video was a pilot with the airline and whether the video is doctored or his photo morphed".
Titled "Air India Rap", the video shows the young pilot getting dressed for work only to be later told that his flight has been cancelled. The song is about the situation facing the national carrier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security