Air India successfully completes Haj 2012 operation
Mumbai: Public sector carrier Air India on Sunday said that it has successfully completed the Haj 2012 operations, terming it as one of the most successful operation ever by the carrier.
"Air India has successfully completed the Haj 2012 operation. In fact, this has been one of the most successful Operation ever by Air India," the company said.
As per the carrier, the last Haj flight departed Madina for Ahmedabad at 0355 hours today.
The company said that a total of 54,400 pilgrims have been transported during the Haj 2012.
"The operations were carried out smoothly without any major disruptions... This has been a huge achievement considering that ten days prior to the operation Air India had neither its schedule nor aircraft in place," the national carrier said.
Air India said that introduction of advance city check in was a major factor that contributed to the smooth operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured