Air India successfully completes Haj 2012 operation
Mumbai: Public sector carrier Air India on Sunday said that it has successfully completed the Haj 2012 operations, terming it as one of the most successful operation ever by the carrier.
"Air India has successfully completed the Haj 2012 operation. In fact, this has been one of the most successful Operation ever by Air India," the company said.
As per the carrier, the last Haj flight departed Madina for Ahmedabad at 0355 hours today.
The company said that a total of 54,400 pilgrims have been transported during the Haj 2012.
"The operations were carried out smoothly without any major disruptions... This has been a huge achievement considering that ten days prior to the operation Air India had neither its schedule nor aircraft in place," the national carrier said.
Air India said that introduction of advance city check in was a major factor that contributed to the smooth operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea