Air India successfully completes Haj 2012 operation
Mumbai: Public sector carrier Air India on Sunday said that it has successfully completed the Haj 2012 operations, terming it as one of the most successful operation ever by the carrier.
"Air India has successfully completed the Haj 2012 operation. In fact, this has been one of the most successful Operation ever by Air India," the company said.
As per the carrier, the last Haj flight departed Madina for Ahmedabad at 0355 hours today.
The company said that a total of 54,400 pilgrims have been transported during the Haj 2012.
"The operations were carried out smoothly without any major disruptions... This has been a huge achievement considering that ten days prior to the operation Air India had neither its schedule nor aircraft in place," the national carrier said.
Air India said that introduction of advance city check in was a major factor that contributed to the smooth operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog