Air India unions plan to launch stir against late wages
New Delhi: Major Air India unions today
decided to launch an agitation, which could lead to a strike,
to protest delayed payment of wages.
They are also opposed to implementation of recommendations
of two parliamentary committees which include separate
domestic and international airlines under a single holding
"We will launch an agitation and gradually build it up by
holding demonstrations and other forms of peaceful protests. A
decision on having a strike will be taken by all the 11
unions, including those of pilots and cabin crew," V J Deka,
spokesperson of a joint platform of the unions, told PTI here.
He said the unions platform, Civil Aviation Joint Action
Forum (CAJAF), would meet next week to decide whether or not
to go on a strike.
Besides protesting the delay in payment of salaries and
"long overdue" wage revision, CAJAF is demanding that several
recommendations made by Parliament`s Committee on Public
Undertakings and Standing Committee on Transport, Tourism and
Culture on Air India, be implemented.
Deka said the CAJAF was also protesting the "lack of
facilities" for staff members in the newly-built Terminal-3 of
the Delhi airport, which would be opened on July 3.
The facilities, which exist for the staff at the present
location of Air India at Terminal 1-B, include canteen,
"These facilities are not being provided to the staff in
the proposed new terminal. If the management or the airport
operator doesn`t decide on these minimal things, we will be
constrained to decide not to shift to the new terminal," Deka
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India