Air Marshal Arup Raha to take over as IAF Vice Chief
New Delhi: Veteran fighter pilot Air Marshal Arup Raha will take over as Vice Chief of Air Staff succeeding Air Marshal D C Kumaria, who retired on Sunday.
Raha, who is a front runner for the post of Air Chief after retirement of Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne in December- end, is currently commanding IAF`s sword-arm Western Air Command here.
He will take over as Vice Chief of Air Staff tomorrow, Western Air Command PRO Gp Capt Sandeep Mehta said.
Commissioned in December 1974 in the fighter stream of the IAF, he has a rich experience of over 3,400 hours of flying fighter aircraft of different types. He is an experienced Qualified Flying Instructor (QFI).
He has served as Directing Staff at Flying Instructors School, Tambaram (Tamil Nadu) as well as at the Gwalior-based Tactics and Combat Development Establishment of the IAF.
Raha has also served as the Military and Air Attach in the Embassy of India in in Ukraine from 1999 to 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed