Air Marshal DC Kumaria to take over as new IAF vice-chief
New Delhi: Air Marshal DC Kumaria, an ace fighter pilot, will take over as the new vice-chief of the Indian Air Force succeeding Air Marshal KK Nohwar, who is superannuating on Sunday.
Kumaria at present heads the Western Air Command where he will be replaced by Air Marshal Arup Raha, who is currently commanding the Allahabad-based Central Air Command and is the likely successor of Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne.
Kumaria was commissioned as a fighter pilot on July 2, 1973 and is a graduate of Defence Services Staff College (DSSC).
A qualified weapon instructor having undergone the QWI course in the United Kingdom and a Fighter Combat Leader, he also served as a Directing Staff at the Tactics and Air Combat Development Establishment (TACDE).
The officer has held many important Field and Staff appointments in his career. He has been Assistant Advisor (Air) at the Indian High Commission in Dhaka and has served as Defence Attache at the Indian Embassy in Italy with concurrent accreditation to the Iberian countries.
The Air Marshal was especially selected to write the Air Power Doctrine of the IAF in 1994.
Kumaria has commanded a frontline Jaguar Squadron specialising in maritime strike role as well as a fighter airbase. He has operational experience of flying all versions of MiG-21 and Jaguar aircraft.
Browne said the IAF Academy here will increase its capacity to train cadets to 750 by 2016 from current capacity to train 465-485 cadets.
According to him, the Centre has allotted Rs 130 crore to improve the infrastructure at the Dundigal academy.
The IAF chief said that the stage-II training facility at Hakimpet airfield will be shifted to Deesa in Gujarat in next four to five years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India