Air Marshal DC Kumaria to take over as new IAF vice-chief
New Delhi: Air Marshal DC Kumaria, an ace fighter pilot, will take over as the new vice-chief of the Indian Air Force succeeding Air Marshal KK Nohwar, who is superannuating on Sunday.
Kumaria at present heads the Western Air Command where he will be replaced by Air Marshal Arup Raha, who is currently commanding the Allahabad-based Central Air Command and is the likely successor of Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne.
Kumaria was commissioned as a fighter pilot on July 2, 1973 and is a graduate of Defence Services Staff College (DSSC).
A qualified weapon instructor having undergone the QWI course in the United Kingdom and a Fighter Combat Leader, he also served as a Directing Staff at the Tactics and Air Combat Development Establishment (TACDE).
The officer has held many important Field and Staff appointments in his career. He has been Assistant Advisor (Air) at the Indian High Commission in Dhaka and has served as Defence Attache at the Indian Embassy in Italy with concurrent accreditation to the Iberian countries.
The Air Marshal was especially selected to write the Air Power Doctrine of the IAF in 1994.
Kumaria has commanded a frontline Jaguar Squadron specialising in maritime strike role as well as a fighter airbase. He has operational experience of flying all versions of MiG-21 and Jaguar aircraft.
Browne said the IAF Academy here will increase its capacity to train cadets to 750 by 2016 from current capacity to train 465-485 cadets.
According to him, the Centre has allotted Rs 130 crore to improve the infrastructure at the Dundigal academy.
The IAF chief said that the stage-II training facility at Hakimpet airfield will be shifted to Deesa in Gujarat in next four to five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof