Air Marshal Kanakaraj new C-in-C of Maintenance Command
Nagpur: Air Marshal P Kanakaraj took over as the Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Maintenance Command, IAF, here on Monday.
He succeeds Air Marshal Jagdish Chandra who retired yesterday, a defence release said.
Kanakaraj was commissioned in the Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical) branch of the Indian Air Force on July 25, 1977.
He is an Engineering Graduate (Mechanical) from Regional Engineering College, Trichy with post graduation in Propulsion from IIT Madras. Prior to his present assignment, he was the Air Officer-in-Charge Maintenance at Air HQ.
Kanakaraj is also a recipient of `Ati Vishisht Seva Medal` and `Vishisht Seva Medal`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 pre-registrations begins from today
- Kashmir unrest: J&K delegation meets PM Modi; seeks immediate ban on pellet gun
- Cow vigilantism? Man heckled in Mumbai on suspicion of carrying bag made of cowhide
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Delhi court pronounces death for two convicts, life in jail for third