Air Marshal Kanakaraj new C-in-C of Maintenance Command
Nagpur: Air Marshal P Kanakaraj took over as the Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Maintenance Command, IAF, here on Monday.
He succeeds Air Marshal Jagdish Chandra who retired yesterday, a defence release said.
Kanakaraj was commissioned in the Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical) branch of the Indian Air Force on July 25, 1977.
He is an Engineering Graduate (Mechanical) from Regional Engineering College, Trichy with post graduation in Propulsion from IIT Madras. Prior to his present assignment, he was the Air Officer-in-Charge Maintenance at Air HQ.
Kanakaraj is also a recipient of `Ati Vishisht Seva Medal` and `Vishisht Seva Medal`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi