Air Marshal Kanakaraj new C-in-C of Maintenance Command
Nagpur: Air Marshal P Kanakaraj took over as the Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Maintenance Command, IAF, here on Monday.
He succeeds Air Marshal Jagdish Chandra who retired yesterday, a defence release said.
Kanakaraj was commissioned in the Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical) branch of the Indian Air Force on July 25, 1977.
He is an Engineering Graduate (Mechanical) from Regional Engineering College, Trichy with post graduation in Propulsion from IIT Madras. Prior to his present assignment, he was the Air Officer-in-Charge Maintenance at Air HQ.
Kanakaraj is also a recipient of `Ati Vishisht Seva Medal` and `Vishisht Seva Medal`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!