Air Marshal Kanakaraj new C-in-C of Maintenance Command
Nagpur: Air Marshal P Kanakaraj took over as the Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Maintenance Command, IAF, here on Monday.
He succeeds Air Marshal Jagdish Chandra who retired yesterday, a defence release said.
Kanakaraj was commissioned in the Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical) branch of the Indian Air Force on July 25, 1977.
He is an Engineering Graduate (Mechanical) from Regional Engineering College, Trichy with post graduation in Propulsion from IIT Madras. Prior to his present assignment, he was the Air Officer-in-Charge Maintenance at Air HQ.
Kanakaraj is also a recipient of `Ati Vishisht Seva Medal` and `Vishisht Seva Medal`.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why