Air Marshal Satish Pal Singh takes over as SASO
Bangalore: Air Marshal Satish Pal Singh
took over as Senior Air Staff Officer (SASO), Headquarters
Training Command here today.
He was commissioned into the Flying branch of Indian
Air Force on June 1, 1974.
The officer actively participated in "Operation Pawan"
and "Operation Safed Sagar" and has the distinction of being
the first pilot to land the AN-32 and IL-76 aircraft by night
at Thoise (Leh), a defence release said.
Before assuming his present appointment, the officer was
Senior Officer Administration at the Training Command,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral