Air Marshal Satish Pal Singh takes over as SASO
Bangalore: Air Marshal Satish Pal Singh
took over as Senior Air Staff Officer (SASO), Headquarters
Training Command here today.
He was commissioned into the Flying branch of Indian
Air Force on June 1, 1974.
The officer actively participated in "Operation Pawan"
and "Operation Safed Sagar" and has the distinction of being
the first pilot to land the AN-32 and IL-76 aircraft by night
at Thoise (Leh), a defence release said.
Before assuming his present appointment, the officer was
Senior Officer Administration at the Training Command,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice