Airport check may include removal of shoes, belts
New Delhi: Taking cue from the pre-boarding security checks system as in place in the US and some European countries, the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) is gearing up to implement a similar security apparatus at the Delhi airport.
In order to enhance security, the BCAS will introduce the system where flyers will have to take off their shoes and belts to clear pre-boarding security checks.
The latest step is being implemented to get rid of long queues and also improve the security apparatus.
However, keeping in view Indian customs and sentiments, the BCAS has said that they will introduce a different tray for the footwear, unlike the western countries where it is kept along with cabin baggage in the same tray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh