Airport check may include removal of shoes, belts
New Delhi: Taking cue from the pre-boarding security checks system as in place in the US and some European countries, the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) is gearing up to implement a similar security apparatus at the Delhi airport.
In order to enhance security, the BCAS will introduce the system where flyers will have to take off their shoes and belts to clear pre-boarding security checks.
The latest step is being implemented to get rid of long queues and also improve the security apparatus.
However, keeping in view Indian customs and sentiments, the BCAS has said that they will introduce a different tray for the footwear, unlike the western countries where it is kept along with cabin baggage in the same tray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III