Airport check may include removal of shoes, belts
New Delhi: Taking cue from the pre-boarding security checks system as in place in the US and some European countries, the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) is gearing up to implement a similar security apparatus at the Delhi airport.
In order to enhance security, the BCAS will introduce the system where flyers will have to take off their shoes and belts to clear pre-boarding security checks.
The latest step is being implemented to get rid of long queues and also improve the security apparatus.
However, keeping in view Indian customs and sentiments, the BCAS has said that they will introduce a different tray for the footwear, unlike the western countries where it is kept along with cabin baggage in the same tray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez