Airport check may include removal of shoes, belts
New Delhi: Taking cue from the pre-boarding security checks system as in place in the US and some European countries, the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) is gearing up to implement a similar security apparatus at the Delhi airport.
In order to enhance security, the BCAS will introduce the system where flyers will have to take off their shoes and belts to clear pre-boarding security checks.
The latest step is being implemented to get rid of long queues and also improve the security apparatus.
However, keeping in view Indian customs and sentiments, the BCAS has said that they will introduce a different tray for the footwear, unlike the western countries where it is kept along with cabin baggage in the same tray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!