AIUMM to back parties which support Muslim quota
Lucknow: The All India United Muslim Morcha
(AIUMM) on Saturday said that in the upcoming Uttar Pradesh Assembly
elections it will support only that political party which will
raise the Muslim reservation issue in the Winter session of
"Though all political parties have been advocating
reservation for Muslims, they have not taken any concrete and
decisive initiative on the issue," AIUMM national president M
A Sidiqui told reporters here today.
He said the front would organise a convention on the issue
of Muslim reservation in the state capital on December 11.
"Leaders of various political parties will be invited to
attend the convention and clear their stand on the issue of
Muslim reservation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves