AIUMM to back parties which support Muslim quota
Lucknow: The All India United Muslim Morcha
(AIUMM) on Saturday said that in the upcoming Uttar Pradesh Assembly
elections it will support only that political party which will
raise the Muslim reservation issue in the Winter session of
"Though all political parties have been advocating
reservation for Muslims, they have not taken any concrete and
decisive initiative on the issue," AIUMM national president M
A Sidiqui told reporters here today.
He said the front would organise a convention on the issue
of Muslim reservation in the state capital on December 11.
"Leaders of various political parties will be invited to
attend the convention and clear their stand on the issue of
Muslim reservation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog