Aiyar, Prasad criticise Kejriwal`s politics of expose
New Delhi: Congress` Mani Shankar Aiyar and BJP`s Ravishankar Prasad on Thursday sought to tear into Arvind Kejriwal alleging that he is into "expose" to further his political ambitions which is not "productive".
At a news channel’s two-day brainstorming session, the two leaders also said Kejriwal should not paint all politicians with the same brush.
Kejriwal, meanwhile, stuck to his stand that he is into politics not for power but for changing the system.
"This kind of revelation of a scam everyday is not constructive or productive. People forget about scams. This is not the kind of politics one should do," Aiyar said, adding that one should not think that he has become a leader because a large crowd has gathered at Ramlila Maidan or Jantar Mantar.
Taking a dig at Kejriwal, the Congress MP said, "He thinks that all of us are full of faults and he is only perfect."
Prasad said media has given a lot of importance to Kejriwal. Referring to Kejriwal`s remarks that they are being threatened by police not to go to Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s house to protest against demolition in south Delhi, the BJP leader said, "He is in politics. Why is he afraid of lathis? If he is into politics, he should not cry that he will be lathicharged."
He also reminded Kejriwal, who alleged that media has blacked out on him after his expose on Ambani brothers, that one cannot do politics just through text messages or TV bytes.
Prasad also said Kejriwal has to do more than just expose to gain credibility and "to win trust of people, Kejriwal will have to work hard".
There was commotion due to a remark made by Aiyar with a section in the audience objecting to the statement.
At the function, Kejriwal claimed that he had got the account numbers of two prominent businessmen in Swiss bank and made it public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack