Aiyar seeks copy of Maken’s communication with PM
New Delhi: Former Sports minister Mani Shankar Aiyar has asked incumbent Ajay Maken to send him a copy of his communication with the Prime Minister in which he has been accused of playing an "irreparable obstructionist role" in the preparations for the Commonwealth Games.
"I have written to Mr Maken to say that would he please
authenticate the newspaper reports or would he alternatively
send me an authentic copy of his communication with Prime
Minister," Aiyar, a Rajya Sabha MP, told reporters here after
addressing a conference of Indian Chambers of Commerce (ICC).
On his next course of action, Aiyar said, "After I get a response from him (Maken), I will give any further comment."
Maken made the observations after the PM sought a report from him following media reports that Aiyar had warned the
government about squandering of money by the CWG Organising
Committee (OC) chaired by Suresh Kalmadi.
Maken`s report which was made public under the RTI Act
shows that he had strongly criticized Aiyar and had said,
"Aiyar, as minister in-charge for about two years ironically
played an irreparable obstructionist role that led to inordinate delays resulting in huge cost and time over runs."
In a letter to the PM dated July 8, 2011, Maken had said,
"Even as Shri Aiyar kept presenting a rosy picture to the PM
about the progress in infrastructure preparedness, he actually
did everything to hinder and obstruct work which eventually
led to delays and huge cost escalations."
Terming Aiyar`s claims that he had forewarned PM on cost
escalations as "frivolous", Maken said it needs factual
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged