Aiyar seeks copy of Maken’s communication with PM
New Delhi: Former Sports minister Mani Shankar Aiyar has asked incumbent Ajay Maken to send him a copy of his communication with the Prime Minister in which he has been accused of playing an "irreparable obstructionist role" in the preparations for the Commonwealth Games.
"I have written to Mr Maken to say that would he please
authenticate the newspaper reports or would he alternatively
send me an authentic copy of his communication with Prime
Minister," Aiyar, a Rajya Sabha MP, told reporters here after
addressing a conference of Indian Chambers of Commerce (ICC).
On his next course of action, Aiyar said, "After I get a response from him (Maken), I will give any further comment."
Maken made the observations after the PM sought a report from him following media reports that Aiyar had warned the
government about squandering of money by the CWG Organising
Committee (OC) chaired by Suresh Kalmadi.
Maken`s report which was made public under the RTI Act
shows that he had strongly criticized Aiyar and had said,
"Aiyar, as minister in-charge for about two years ironically
played an irreparable obstructionist role that led to inordinate delays resulting in huge cost and time over runs."
In a letter to the PM dated July 8, 2011, Maken had said,
"Even as Shri Aiyar kept presenting a rosy picture to the PM
about the progress in infrastructure preparedness, he actually
did everything to hinder and obstruct work which eventually
led to delays and huge cost escalations."
Terming Aiyar`s claims that he had forewarned PM on cost
escalations as "frivolous", Maken said it needs factual
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA