Ajay Maken goes into huddle with Aiyar, Gill
New Delhi: Sports Minister Ajay Maken, who blamed NDA for appointment of Suresh Kalmadi as CWG Organising Committee chairman, went into a huddle on Monday with two of his predecessors Mani Shankar Aiyar and MS Gill minutes before Rajya Sabha had to reassemble for Zero Hour.
While the three were having a chat in the treasury benches, Aiyar spotted in the Opposition benches Vikram Verma, who was sports minister during NDA regime.
Aiyar, who had opposed the Games describing the event a wastage of public money, waved at Verma (BJP) calling him to join the trio.
He even walked to Verma, who looked amused but politely declined to join them.
Earlier, the BJP had forced adjournment of the Upper House during Question Hour demanding Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s resignation after her name figured in the CAG report, which found irregularities in the CWG projects.
All the three - Verma, Aiyar and Gill - had served as Sports Ministers when the process for organising the CWG was underway.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!