Ajay Maken goes into huddle with Aiyar, Gill
New Delhi: Sports Minister Ajay Maken, who blamed NDA for appointment of Suresh Kalmadi as CWG Organising Committee chairman, went into a huddle on Monday with two of his predecessors Mani Shankar Aiyar and MS Gill minutes before Rajya Sabha had to reassemble for Zero Hour.
While the three were having a chat in the treasury benches, Aiyar spotted in the Opposition benches Vikram Verma, who was sports minister during NDA regime.
Aiyar, who had opposed the Games describing the event a wastage of public money, waved at Verma (BJP) calling him to join the trio.
He even walked to Verma, who looked amused but politely declined to join them.
Earlier, the BJP had forced adjournment of the Upper House during Question Hour demanding Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s resignation after her name figured in the CAG report, which found irregularities in the CWG projects.
All the three - Verma, Aiyar and Gill - had served as Sports Ministers when the process for organising the CWG was underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?