Ajay Maken, Sam Pitroda to address Harvard India conference
Washington: Top Indian politicians, economists and corporate executives will deliver keynote addresses at the two-day Harvard India conference on country`s growth story and the way ahead.
Ajay Maken, Union Minister for Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation; Sam Pitroda, Advisor to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh; Ashok Alexander, former India country director of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Siddharth Roy Kapur, Disney UTV, CEO are among the invitees who will deliver keynote addresses at the two-day conference that kicks off in Boston today.
However, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, has cancelled his scheduled key note address at the conference.
The conference jointly organised by students of Harvard Business School and Harvard Kennedy School on February 16 twitted that the UP Chief Minister would be attending the conference, but the latest agenda schedule posted on the conference website does not includes his name.
"Harvard University and a roster of global luminaries gather to embrace the most powerful reality of the Indian story: that there is no single, universal Indian narrative," organisers of the conference said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala