Ajit Jogi part of conspiracy to attack Cong convoy: Tomar
Gwalior: Madhya Pradesh BJP president Narendra Singh Tomar on Thursday said that former Chhattisgarh chief minister and Congress leader Ajit Jogi was "apparently" the part of the "conspiracy" regarding the Naxal attack on the Congress` convoy that killed 27 people.
"The way Jogi was crying while reacting to the Naxal attack, it was apparent that he has a hand in the conspiracy," Tomar said at the BJP state executive meeting here today.
The one-day meeting is held as part of party`s strategy to gear up for Assembly elections due later in the year.
Conspiracy theories are doing round post the deadly Naxal attack on Congress` `parivartan yatra` on May 25 in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district, regarding the brutal killing of Karma, last-minute change in the route of the convoy and presence of a Naxal mole in the convoy.
"Congress leaders including Madhya Pradesh Congress president Kantilal Bhuria among others started blaming chief minister Raman Singh and his government for the attack after Jogi`s hand was revealed", he said.
Tomar also slammed Congress for boycotting the all-party meeting held by Raman Singh at Raipur today.
The state executive meeting will be followed by a two-day (May 31-June 1) conclave of its urban and rural coordinators, which would be inaugurated by BJP president Rajnath Singh.
Tomar urged the partymen to work in a focused manner to bring BJP back to power for the third consecutive term by highlighting welfare policies of the Shivaj Singh Chouhan government.
Besides Chouhan, BJP national vice president Prabhat Jha, national general secretary Thawarchand Gehlot, Urban Development Minister Babulal Gaur and former chief ministers Sunderlal Patwa and Kailash Joshi were among those present at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India