Ajit Kumar Seth appointed next Cabinet Secretary
New Delhi: Senior IAS officer Ajit Kumar Seth was on Tuesday appointed the next Cabinet Secretary succeeding K M Chandrashekhar who retires next month.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has cleared the appointment, officials said.
Seth, a 1974 batch IAS officer from the Uttar Pradesh cadre, is serving as Secretary, Public Grievances and Co-ordination in the Cabinet Secretariat.
He will serve as an Officer on Special Duty in the Cabinet Secretariat till June 13 and assume charge the next day. Seth will have a fixed two-year tenure.
He has been on central deputation since January 1, 2009.
Born on November 24, 1951, Seth has Masters Degree in Chemistry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack