Ajit Kumar Seth appointed next Cabinet Secretary
New Delhi: Senior IAS officer Ajit Kumar Seth was on Tuesday appointed the next Cabinet Secretary succeeding K M Chandrashekhar who retires next month.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has cleared the appointment, officials said.
Seth, a 1974 batch IAS officer from the Uttar Pradesh cadre, is serving as Secretary, Public Grievances and Co-ordination in the Cabinet Secretariat.
He will serve as an Officer on Special Duty in the Cabinet Secretariat till June 13 and assume charge the next day. Seth will have a fixed two-year tenure.
He has been on central deputation since January 1, 2009.
Born on November 24, 1951, Seth has Masters Degree in Chemistry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'