Ajit Kumar Seth appointed next Cabinet Secretary
New Delhi: Senior IAS officer Ajit Kumar Seth was on Tuesday appointed the next Cabinet Secretary succeeding K M Chandrashekhar who retires next month.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has cleared the appointment, officials said.
Seth, a 1974 batch IAS officer from the Uttar Pradesh cadre, is serving as Secretary, Public Grievances and Co-ordination in the Cabinet Secretariat.
He will serve as an Officer on Special Duty in the Cabinet Secretariat till June 13 and assume charge the next day. Seth will have a fixed two-year tenure.
He has been on central deputation since January 1, 2009.
Born on November 24, 1951, Seth has Masters Degree in Chemistry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000