Ajit Sharan appointed NCW Member Secretary
New Delhi: Senior IAS officer Ajit M Sharan has been appointed as Member Secretary in National Commission for Women (NCW).
Sharan, a 1979 batch officer of Haryana cadre, will be in the rank and pay of Additional Secretary.
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has also appointed Rajiv Mehrishi, an IAS officer of 1978 batch of the Rajasthan cadre, as Secretary, Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs in the vacancy of Parvez Dewan, a 1977 batch IAS officer of Jammu and Kashmir cadre.
Mehrishi is presently Special Secretary, Department of Agricultural Research and Education, Ministry of Agriculture.
He will also hold additional charge of the post of Secretary, Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises for a period of three months with immediate effect or until further orders whichever is earlier.
The ACC has also approved the repatriation of T S Randhawa, 1979 batch IAS officer, to his Gujarat cadre with effect from September 28, 2012 along with the option to allow the officer to stay on and retire from the Government of India should he so wish, a release from the Department of Personnel and Training said today.
Pankaj Jain, 1978 batch IAS officer of Jammu and Kashmir cadre, as Secretary, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation will hold additional charge of the post of Secretary, Department of Land Resources, Ministry of Rural Development with effect from October 1, 2012 for a period of three months or until further orders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet