Ajit Singh meets Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: Civil Aviation Minister and RLD chief Ajit Singh on Tuesday met Congress President Sonia Gandhi to discuss political issues, including the upcoming Presidential elections.
Singh discussed various political issues, including the Presidential elections, sources said.
The meeting also comes in the wake of bye-election to the Kannauj Parliamentary seat where UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s wife Dimple Yadav is in the fray as a Samajwadi Party candidate.
Congress has decided not to field a candidate against Dimple.
Congress and Singh`s RLD had jointly contested the recent elections to the Uttar Pradesh Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs