Ajmal Kasab - all over in five hours
Pune: The lone surviving Mumbai attacks gunman, Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab, was executed and buried inside Pune’s Yerawada Central Prison in a span of two hours on Wednesday morning. But how did he spend his last moments, is what everyone wants to know.
According to prison sources, Kasab – who knew November 21 would be his last day – woke up early on Wednesday and spent nearly half an hour to get ready. After taking bath, he offered his prayers.
Kasab even had tea and smiled. He was wearing new clothes given to him by jail authorities.
Around 5.30 am, IG (Prisons) Meeran Borwankar and Jail Superintendent Yogesh Desai arrived at the barracks where Kasab was housed.
Kasab was then taken away from his cell for a medical check-up. The doctors who issued the fitness certificate said Kasab’s weight was 52.5 kg and his BP too was normal – 120/80, even though he was visibly nervous.
The terrorist was taken to a special cell where he was asked if he had any last wish. He was also asked if he would like to write a ‘will’ for his family? The Pakistani replied in negative to both the questions.
Kasab was then taken to the spot where he was to be executed. At 7.30 am, a jail official acting as a hangman pushed the lever after a rope was tied around a veiled Kasab’s neck.
Doctors inside the jail premises declared Kasab dead 10 minutes later.
According to jail officials, Kasab’s last words were: “Allah kasam, aisi ghalati dobara nahi hogi (I swear by Allah, I will never commit such a mistake again).”
Fifteen minutes later, police officers involved in ‘Operation X’ communicated to Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil that Kasab was dead.
At 9.30 am, Kasab`s body was buried inside the jail premises. His body was buried close to where he was hanged. Six different pits had been dug up in order to ensure the location of Kasab’s burial place remains a secret.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'