Ajmal Kasab continues to be in denial mode
Mumbai: Lone surviving Pakistani gunman
Ajmal Kasab continued to be in denial mode in the 26/11 trial
court on Tuesday, saying he was not aware about terror attacks at
Hotel Taj Mahal, Leopold Cafe and Nariman House.
Attired in a white kurta and pyjama, Kasab told Judge M L
Tahaliyani that he had no idea about the report of a chemical
analyst according to which traces of RDX were found from DNA
samples of two terrorists, killed by security forces at Hotel
Taj Mahal on November 26, 2008.
He was replying to questions put to him by the court on
evidence adduced by the prosecution against him.
Maintaining that he had no association with the 26/11
terrorists, Kasab said he was not aware that bullets recovered
from bodies of deceased victims at Hotel Taj Mahal and nearby
Leopold Cafe had matched with AK-47 rifles used by assailants.
Asked if he was aware that four AK-47 rifles recovered
from Hotel Taj Mahal were sent to laboratory for forensic
tests, Kasab said, "Pata nahin (I do not know)."
"I am not aware," Kasab said to another question about a
forensic laboratory report confirming that AK-47 rifles which
were recovered from Hotel Taj Mahal were in working condition
and had been used by terrorists to shoot at people.
The prosecution`s case is that four of the 10 terrorists
had stormed Hotel Taj and Leopold Cafe, killing many persons.
Kasab was allegedly involved in terror attacks at other places
such as Chhatrapati Shivaji terminus and Cama Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video