Ajmal Kasab hanged: What Pakistani media is saying
Islamabad/New Delhi: The Pakistani media has so far reacted cautiously to the news of 26/11 gunman Ajmal Kasab being hanged in India on Wednesday morning.
Pakistan’s leading news channel Geo TV said on its website: ‘India hangs Mumbai gunman Ajmal Kasab’.
The sole surviving Mumbai gunman, Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, was quietly hanged in India for his involvement in the 2008 terror attacks in Mumbai, the Geo News report went on to add.
‘Ajmal Kasab hanged: Indian media’, reads the headline on leading Pakistani daily Dawn.com.
The accused behind the Mumbai 2008 attacks, Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab, was hanged at an Indian jail early on Wednesday, after his appeal for mercy was rejected by Indian President Pranab Mukherjee, DawnNews reported.
The News International said ‘Ajmal Kasab hanged till death in India’.
The Nation, without giving the news a prominent place on its website, said ‘Mumbai attacks gunman Kasab executed’. “The sole surviving gunman from the 2008 Mumbai attacks was executed Wednesday, nearly four years after 166 people were killed in a three-day rampage through India`s financial capital,” the report added.
The Daily Times has so far not carried the major development on its website.
Official media PTV’s website also was oblivious to the news of Kasab’s hanging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air