Ajmal Kasab should have been hanged publicly: Anna
New Delhi: While the sudden execution of 26/11 attack case convict Ajmal Amir Kasab on Wednesday morning has surprised many, noted anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare feels that the Pakistani terrorist should have been hanged in public.
Speaking to reporters, the noted social worker said, “A public hanging of Ajmal Kasab would have been a lesson for anybody who causes loss of life in our country.”
The noted Gandhian, however, regretted that Kasab’s execution should have been carried out much earlier.
“It’s taken too long to hang Kasab. He should have been hanged in public,” he said.
The reaction from the Gandhian leader came minutes after the Mumbai terror attacker was hanged till death at Pune’s Yervada Jail at 7.30 this morning in a highly secretive manner.
Kasab was hanged after President Pranab Mukherjee rejected his mercy petition.
The petition was rejected on November 5 after which the Lashkar-e-Toiba operative was shifted from Mumbai`s Arthur Road Jail to Pune`s Yerwada Jail.
President Mukherjee’s rejection came two months after the Union Home Ministry rejected Kasab`s mercy petition.
Kasab and nine other LeT terrorists had sailed into Mumbai on November 26, 2008 from Karachi and killed 166 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray