Ajmal Kasab was `C-7096`
New Delhi: Ajmal Kasab`s identity remained `C-7096` throughout his prison term and even when an official dossier was written for his hanging.
The movement and activities of Kasab, who was hanged today in a prison in Pune, was always kept very secret and when official documents were moved regarding his hanging after the President rejected his mercy plea, he was identified by this number.
The number was tagged to Kasab by the authorities at the Arthur Road jail and sources said only top officials in the security establishment had access to files related to inmate number `C-7096`.
Sources said when Kasab was moved from Mumbai to Yerwada jail in Pune the same number was used to communicate signals of his movement.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today