Ajmal Kasab’s last words: ‘Won’t do it again’
Pune: Four years after carrying out the horrifying terror attack in Mumbai in the November of 2008, Pakistani national Ajmal Kasab on Wednesday was remorseful of his act just before he was executed here.
Shortly before he was hanged at 7.30 am, Kasab reportedly told the jailor of Pune’s Yerwada Jail that he had no last wish, adding, “Allah ki kasam, dobara aisi galti nahin karunga (I swear by God, I won’t commit such a mistake ever again).”
Kasab was buried inside the Yerwada Jail premises at 9.30 am, two hours after he was executed.
Reports claim that the option of burying Kasab’s body at sea – like al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden – was considered before the government decided to not take any risk and buried him inside the jail.
The entire operation of hanging Kasab, codenamed ‘Operation X’, was carried out in complete secrecy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez