Ajmal Kasab’s last words: ‘Won’t do it again’
Pune: Four years after carrying out the horrifying terror attack in Mumbai in the November of 2008, Pakistani national Ajmal Kasab on Wednesday was remorseful of his act just before he was executed here.
Shortly before he was hanged at 7.30 am, Kasab reportedly told the jailor of Pune’s Yerwada Jail that he had no last wish, adding, “Allah ki kasam, dobara aisi galti nahin karunga (I swear by God, I won’t commit such a mistake ever again).”
Kasab was buried inside the Yerwada Jail premises at 9.30 am, two hours after he was executed.
Reports claim that the option of burying Kasab’s body at sea – like al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden – was considered before the government decided to not take any risk and buried him inside the jail.
The entire operation of hanging Kasab, codenamed ‘Operation X’, was carried out in complete secrecy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi