Ajmal Kasab’s last words: ‘Won’t do it again’
Pune: Four years after carrying out the horrifying terror attack in Mumbai in the November of 2008, Pakistani national Ajmal Kasab on Wednesday was remorseful of his act just before he was executed here.
Shortly before he was hanged at 7.30 am, Kasab reportedly told the jailor of Pune’s Yerwada Jail that he had no last wish, adding, “Allah ki kasam, dobara aisi galti nahin karunga (I swear by God, I won’t commit such a mistake ever again).”
Kasab was buried inside the Yerwada Jail premises at 9.30 am, two hours after he was executed.
Reports claim that the option of burying Kasab’s body at sea – like al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden – was considered before the government decided to not take any risk and buried him inside the jail.
The entire operation of hanging Kasab, codenamed ‘Operation X’, was carried out in complete secrecy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?