Ajmer blast accused moves court for FIR against CBI
New Delhi: An RSS functionary, accused in
Ajmer blast case, Monday moved a Delhi court seeking
registration of an FIR against CBI and Tehelka magazine for
making public right-wing activist Swami Aseemanand`s
Devendra Gupta, against whom a charge sheet has been filed
by the Rajasthan`s Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS), moved the
application before Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
Sanjay Bansal, who reserved his order on it till tomorrow.
Gupta alleged that Aseemanand`s confessional statement
recorded by a Metropolitan Magistrate under Section 164 of the
CrPC was leaked by the CBI to Tehelka magazine in violation of
"The media coverage indicates a well-defined leakage that
is authored with a design to insulting the judicial process
..... The leakage of court proceedings opened an additional
forum of media trial to prejudice the mind of the court in
violation of the rights of the accused in custody," his
counsel Anupam S Sharma and Sanjeev Nassiar submitted.
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team