Ajmer blast accused sticks to his allegations
Jaipur: A key accused in the 2007 Ajmer Dargah bomb blast case on Thursday told a NIA court here that Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh had pressured him to implicate top RSS functionaries in the case.
Bhavesh Patel was produced in the court pursuant to his application accusing Shinde, Digvijay Singh and others for pressurising him to name RSS leaders.
Patel in his letter had said that he was introduced to Digvijay by Acharya Pramod Krishnan of Moradabad in his ashram in November 2012. "I told him about my case. Digvijay told me not to worry and in time, do as he says."
Patel had also alleged Krishnan later arranged meetings with Union Minister RPN Singh and Sriprakash Jaiswal, who told him that Digvijay had apprised them about his case and that he would be absolved if he did as their bidding.
The Ajmer blast accused also claimed Krishnan took him to "some place" in Delhi where Shinde was present.
"Sushilkumar Shinde told me when you are brought to the court, you have to name Mohan Bhagwat and Indresh Kumar and you have to say that you engineered the blast in Ajmer Dargah as per their directions," Patel alleged.
Shinde has denied the charge.
To a question by the special Judge for NIA cases about his letter, Bhavesh told the court that he is being pressurised and despite the court`s order to lodge him at Central Jail in Jaipur he was forcibly moved to Alwar Central Jail, where under instructions from `higher-ups` he was forced to stick to his statement under Section 164 CrPC made before the magistrate.
The NIA counsel were unable to reply to the query made by the court about the provision of law under which Bhavesh was transferred from Jaipur to Alwar despite court`s specific orders
On the contrary, Counsel for Bhavesh Patel produced in the court copy of notings of NIA wherein it was given out that the transfer of inmate was made under the oral orders received from DGP NIA.
"I was forced to wrongly implicate and clarify the role of co-accused Suresh Nayar, Mukesh Vasandi and Mafat, alias Mehul in bomb blast. I am being pressurised and illegally interrogated by NIA officials and made to talk to senior officers in the investigation agency."
"Terms are being dictated to me and my family members are not being allowed to see me. In fact my lawyer has also been engaged by the NIA and I wish to discontinue his services as I has engaged my own lawyers now," said Bhavesh.
The accused also told court that he has been interrogated more than 19 times in Central Jail in Alwar without seeking prior permission of the court and when he started a hunger strike he was kept in solitary confinement in hospital.
"I was beaten up in SMS hospital ward by the jail guards and Jailer at Alwar before I was produced in the court today," alleged Bhavesh.
After the contentions of the accused and the documents produced by him, the Special judge said he will pass an appropriate order on October 3 at where the accused would be kept in judicial custody but till that time it is not in fit state of affairs to send him back to Alwar and directed that he be lodged in judicial custody at Central Jail Jaipur only.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof