Ajmer blast: Aseemanand named in chargesheet
Jaipur: The National Investigation Agency (NIA), Monday, filed a chargesheet against Swami Aseemanand and seven others in the Ajmer blasts case.
As per the chargesheet filed in a CBI court in Jaipur, Aseemanand was one of the masterminds of the blast in 2007 that left three dead.
The NIA was handed over the investigation on April 6, 2011. Previously the investigation was being undertaken by ATS, Rajasthan. Besides Aseemanand, the ATS had chargesheeted Devendra Gupta, Lokesh Sharma alias Kaalo and Chandrasheker.
Two other accused, Harshad Solanki and Mukesh Vaasaani were later chargesheeted by the NIA.
Meanwhile, Assemanand, who was today produced before a court in Haryana in connection the Samjhauta Express blasts case, reiterated that he was innocent and the NIA has no proof against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway