Ajmer blast case: RSS backs Indresh Kumar
New Delhi: With the Rajasthan ATS deepening its probe into 2007 Ajmer blast case, the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) on Friday jumped in support of its senior leader Indresh Kumar, who has been named in the chargesheet.
According to reports, the RSS leadership has refuted all charges levelled against Indresh Kumar by terming them as ‘politically motivated’.
Attacking the ruling Congress in Rajasthan, the RSS said that the state machinery is being misused by the government to frame Kumar as part of a larger political conspiracy.
Importantly, Indresh Kumar is also attending the National Executive Committee meet of RSS, which began in Jalgoan yesterday.
During the three-day meeting, the RSS top brass is expected to deliberate on the entire issue and finalise its strategy to counter the growing number of allegations regarding organisation’s involvement in the terror-related incidents.
Meanwhile, the Rajasthan ATS is expected to interrogate Indresh Kumar in connection with the Dargah blast case, anytime now.
As per the ATS chargesheet submitted in the court, Indresh was present at a secret meeting held in a Gujarati Guest House in October, 2005, and he stayed there under some false name.
ATS is also trying to ascertain any link between Indresh Kumar and Sadhvi Pragya Singh, accused in Malegaon blast case. ATS has obtained the diary of RSS leader Sunil Joshi which mentions Indresh Kumar’s name among others who attended the secret meeting.
The 806-page chargesheet was filed by ATS in the court on October 22 in connection with the blast on the premises of the Dargah of Khawaja Moinuddin Chishti that left three persons dead and 15 others injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!