Ajmer Dargah blast case: MP Industrialist held
Bhopal: An industrialist from Madhya Pradesh`s Dhar district has been picked up by the anti-terrorist squad (ATS) of Rajasthan Police in connection with the 2007 bombing at the Ajmer Dargah Sharif that killed three people, police said Sunday.
"The Rajasthan ATS probing the Ajmer bombing reached Dhar Saturday and after informing the local police took away local industrialist Rajesh Mishra from Pithampur," Dhar Additional Superintendent of Police Rajiv Mishra said.
The industrialist was close to Lokesh Sharma, who was earlier picked up by the Rajasthan ATS, police said.
Rajesh Mishra was interrogated by a joint team of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Rajasthan ATS in October 2009.
Early this month, another accused, identified as Vishnu Patidar, who allegedly played an important role in procuring mobile phones and SIM cards used in the terror strike, was arrested from Shahjahanpur in Madhya Pradesh. Prior to this, a man identified as Sanjay Gupta was also detained in Dhar.
Three people were killed and about 30 injured when a bomb exploded Oct 11, 2007, on the premises of the Dargah of Sufi Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti, which annually draws hundreds of thousands of people both from India and abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt