Ajmer dargah blast: Chargesheet against 2 accused
Jaipur: A charge sheet has been filed
against two key accused in the Ajmer dargah blast case in a
special CBI court, with the National Investigation Agency
charging accused Mukesh Vasani of planting the bomb at the
The 2007 blast at the shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin
Chishti in Ajmer had left three persons dead and 15 injured.
The next hearing in the case is scheduled for tomorrow
and Swami Aseemanand, an accused in several blast cases, is
likely to be produced before the special court.
The Central probe agency took over the investigation
into the case along with that of Mecca Masjid and Malegaon
blasts earlier this month.
The charge sheet was filed against Mukesh Vasani and
Harshad Solanki on Thursday.
According to the document, Vasani was the person who
planted the bomb at the dargah while Solanki has been accused
of procuring explosives for making of the bomb.
Sources said that Solanki and Vasani have been charged
under articles 302, 324, 328 and 438 of IPC, articles 3,4,5,6
of the Explosives Act and articles 13, 16, 18 and 20 of the
Unlawful Activities Act.
The cases were registered by the NIA after the CBI and
Rajasthan government gave their consent to the Union Home
Ministry for handing over the probe to the agency.
Other accused in the blast case are Devendra Gupta and
Chandrashekhar. Rajasthan ATS has already has already
submitted a charge sheet against Sharma, Gupta and
Chandrashekhar in an Ajmer court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'