Ajmer dargah blast: Chargesheet against 2 accused
Jaipur: A charge sheet has been filed
against two key accused in the Ajmer dargah blast case in a
special CBI court, with the National Investigation Agency
charging accused Mukesh Vasani of planting the bomb at the
The 2007 blast at the shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin
Chishti in Ajmer had left three persons dead and 15 injured.
The next hearing in the case is scheduled for tomorrow
and Swami Aseemanand, an accused in several blast cases, is
likely to be produced before the special court.
The Central probe agency took over the investigation
into the case along with that of Mecca Masjid and Malegaon
blasts earlier this month.
The charge sheet was filed against Mukesh Vasani and
Harshad Solanki on Thursday.
According to the document, Vasani was the person who
planted the bomb at the dargah while Solanki has been accused
of procuring explosives for making of the bomb.
Sources said that Solanki and Vasani have been charged
under articles 302, 324, 328 and 438 of IPC, articles 3,4,5,6
of the Explosives Act and articles 13, 16, 18 and 20 of the
Unlawful Activities Act.
The cases were registered by the NIA after the CBI and
Rajasthan government gave their consent to the Union Home
Ministry for handing over the probe to the agency.
Other accused in the blast case are Devendra Gupta and
Chandrashekhar. Rajasthan ATS has already has already
submitted a charge sheet against Sharma, Gupta and
Chandrashekhar in an Ajmer court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what