Ajmer dargah blast: Chargesheet against 2 accused
Jaipur: A charge sheet has been filed
against two key accused in the Ajmer dargah blast case in a
special CBI court, with the National Investigation Agency
charging accused Mukesh Vasani of planting the bomb at the
The 2007 blast at the shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin
Chishti in Ajmer had left three persons dead and 15 injured.
The next hearing in the case is scheduled for tomorrow
and Swami Aseemanand, an accused in several blast cases, is
likely to be produced before the special court.
The Central probe agency took over the investigation
into the case along with that of Mecca Masjid and Malegaon
blasts earlier this month.
The charge sheet was filed against Mukesh Vasani and
Harshad Solanki on Thursday.
According to the document, Vasani was the person who
planted the bomb at the dargah while Solanki has been accused
of procuring explosives for making of the bomb.
Sources said that Solanki and Vasani have been charged
under articles 302, 324, 328 and 438 of IPC, articles 3,4,5,6
of the Explosives Act and articles 13, 16, 18 and 20 of the
Unlawful Activities Act.
The cases were registered by the NIA after the CBI and
Rajasthan government gave their consent to the Union Home
Ministry for handing over the probe to the agency.
Other accused in the blast case are Devendra Gupta and
Chandrashekhar. Rajasthan ATS has already has already
submitted a charge sheet against Sharma, Gupta and
Chandrashekhar in an Ajmer court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever