Ajmer Dargah donation: Pak says arrangements in place
New Delhi: Pakistan on Monday said arrangements are in place to make the donation as announced by its President Asif Ali Zardari to the Dargah of revered Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti at Ajmer in April.
Reacting to media reports on the issue, Pakistan High Commission issued a brief statement terming them as "speculative" and said the "arrangements are in hand" to make the donation as announced.
"The High Commission thanks the Government of India, the State Authorities, and the Dargah Committees for their cooperation in this regard," it said.
Zardari, during his day-long visit on April 8, had offered prayers at the historic 13th century dargah of sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti after which a one million USD donation for the shrine was also announced by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'