Ajmer Sharif spiritual head to boycott Pak PM`s visit
Ajmer: Taking a stern view against Pakistani establishment’s machinations against India, the spiritual head of Khawaja Moinuddin Chisti`s shrine on Friday opposed the forthcoming visit by Pakistani Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf to the world famous Sufi shrine.
Diwan of khawaja Moinuddin Chisti`s shrine Zainul Abedin Ali Khan said the inhuman manner in which Indian soldiers were treated by the Pakistan Army is despicable and needs to be condemned it in the strongest of words.
“They are not following the teachings of Prophet Mohammed nor Koran,” he said.
“If he (Pak PM) wants to pray at the Dargah then he should bring back the head of the soldier (Lance Naik Hemraj) and personally apologise to the Prime Minister of India and also seek forgiveness from the soldier’s family,” Khan said.
The diwan is the first person to welcome the head of other nations on the main Nizam gate as they arrive at the shrine.
Lance Naik Hemraj and Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh were killed along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir on January 08 after Pakistani soldiers reportedly sneaked into the Indian side to attack the Indian soldiers. In a show of absolute brutality and lack of military ethics, the attackers took away the head of Hemraj with them.
For the record, the Pakistani government has denied any involvement in the incident and has also feigned ignorance about the missing head of the brave soldier. Later, reports had claimed that the attackers were rewarded on their return to their cam in PoK.
Importantly, the Diwan said that he can’t stop the Pak PM from coming to the Dargah but if he chooses to come then he won’t be present there to welcome him.
“Khadims can do ziyarat but I won’t be there…the Pak PM would understand its meaning and implication,” he added.
On the other hand, the shrine`s Anjuman committee has decided to welcome Ashraf.
"Ashraf is coming to the shrine of great saint Khawaja Garib Nawaz and he is our guest. We and the administration are prepared to welcome him," said committee secretary Sayed Wajid Angara.
"We do not know the reason of the statement released by the diwan but we are determined to do our job and accord warm welcome to the Pakistan Prime Minister on his visit here," he added.
The Pakistani PM is scheduled to land in Jaipur around 11 am tomorrow. Ashraf, along with his family members and others accompanying him, will meet Indian External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid over lunch before flying to Ajmer in a chopper. He will come back to Jaipur in the evening from where he will take his flight back home.
The government of India had earlier ruled out any engagement with the visiting PM but later came around and agreed to host him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi