Ajmer`s khadims remember Benazir Bhutto
Ajmer: When Syed Iqbal Kaptan helps Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari perform `ziyarat` (prayer) at the dargah of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti, the memories of his slain wife and former prime minister Benazir Bhutto, who had visited the shrine in 2005, will come back to him.
"There will be something amiss this time as she (Bhutto) is not there anymore. However, she will always be in our memory. We still have her memories of her coming to the shrine and offering prayers," Kaptan said.
Kaptan is one of the `khadims` (caretakers) at the shrine.
"I still remember her when she came here in 2005 with Zardari and spent some time and offered prayers. She visited the shrine thrice and her last visit was in 2005," Kaptan said.
"She prayed for the cordial and harmonious relationship between the two countries," said Kaptan.
According to another khadim, Bhutto who was then living in exile, seemed to be longing to return to Pakistan.
"I remember her saying that she wanted to return to her motherland," the khadim, in his late 20s, said.
Natik Chisti, who will assist Kaptan, expressed grief over Bhutto`s assassination December 27, 2007.
"This shrine is the symbol of peace and harmony. Sufisim can be the bridge between the people of two countries. It says love towards all and malice towards none," said Natik Chisti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi